FAILED SMART self-check

Grzegorz Witkowski geslinux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 03:25:29 UTC 2012

It is very possible that you have a corruption on a logical level of RAID1
which may happen. If it happens on disks connected to the  hardware
controller you can check the controller log and if both disks show bad
bocks with identical addresses that's what it is and the only way to fix it
is to re-create RAID initialising disks before and running diags to confirm
disks are good. That's bad weakness of RAID 1 unfortunately that it can and
will replicate bads on logical layer.
I hope this will help you.

Regards,
Grzegorz