sending mail from sendmail is very slow!!!!

Jonathan Billings jsbillin at umich.edu
Tue Jul 31 14:04:36 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 1:16 PM, raj sourabh <rajsourabh1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using a sendmail for sending alerts and notification from RHEL server
> 5.5. But the sendmail process is very slow and it takes around 2 minutes to
> complete.
>
> Is there any way i can make it faster?

First, I hope you're running with the latest updates, and not really RHEL
5.5.

It's not really possible to know exactly what is wrong from these somewhat
vague details, but I suggest looking at your DNS settings, particularly for
the hosts running sendmail.  As a quick guess: Sendmail is very picky about
DNS and if you are using any host names that don't resolve, it can take
longer than it would otherwise.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu>