Live upgrade from RHEL 5.7 to RHEL 6.2

Christina Salls christina.salls at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 30 11:36:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Grzegorz Witkowski <geslinux at gmail.com>wrote:

> > On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Christina Salls
> > <christina.salls at noaa.gov>wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > >     I have just completed a live upgrade from RHEL 5.7 to RHEL 6.2.  My
> > > system seemed to boot up fine, watching the console output.  I cannot,
> > > however, access the console through the mouse or keyboard.  I can ssh
> in
> > > and looking at /var/log/messages, it seems as though it recognized the
> > > keyboard and mouse:
> > >

> Red Hat does not support in-place upgrades between any major versions of
> Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux.

Thanks for your response.  I understood when I started this experiment that
RedHat does not support in place upgrades.  I am updating a cluster with a
complicated and difficult to replicate Cluster Manager from SGI.  They
recommended the upgrade in place.  I was just looking for some
troubleshooting advice on the mouse/keyboard issue.