Ssh passwordless configuration problem in RHEL 6.2

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Mar 30 21:26:44 UTC 2012

On 30Mar2012 15:17, Acero Fernandez Alicia <alicia.acero at ciemat.es> wrote:
| I have installed the following version of openssh in my cluster:
[...]
| openssh-5.3p1-70.el6.x86_64
| openssh-server-5.3p1-70.el6.x86_64
|
| I am trying to configure ssh to allow users to run mpi programs in my
| cluster, then I need to configure ssh properly.
|
| I have tried the following:

Are these things from some recipe somewhere? If so, its URL?

| 3.- Server configuration /etc/ssh/sshd_config
|
| RhostsAuthentication yes
| RhostsRSAAuthentication yes
| HostbasedAuthentication yes
| PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt yes

Do you _really_ want _all_ of these turned on?
You should decide on what basis users are permitted to run these
programs, and only turn on the relevant authentication.

| 4.-Copy etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts in all the cluster nodes

Check its permissions. Ssh authenitcation and configuration files
generally need very restricted write permissions (only the owner) and
some of them need restricted read (eg private keys may not be readable
by other than the owner).

| 5.- Create the /etc/ssh/shosts.equiv with the name of all the cluster nodes.
|
| But, it doesn´t work, what can i do? Can anyone help me?

Do a test ssh. "tail -F /var/log/secure" on the target server while you
do so. It will report the reason access is refused. Then you will have a
better idea of what to look for.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

rap on ...