Getting RPC Error 88

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 17 17:11:07 UTC 2012

It appears you're running Oracle Linux with Oracle's Unbreakable
Enterprise Kernel (UEK) [0] which is not compatible with RHEL's standard
kernel [1] nor is it the kernel that goes through the same level of testing
and compliance as a tier 1 operating system validation with the major
hardware vendors [2]. I would suggest either rebooting into the standard
RHEL compatible kernel (it will be a 2.6.18 kernel), filing a ticket
with Oracle about the issue you're facing, or migrate back to real RHEL ;)

-AdamM

[0] http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL5/latest/x86_64/kernel-uek-2.6.32-300.4.1.el5uek.x86_64.rpm
[1] http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.18-308.4.1.el5.src.rpm
[2] http://www.redhat.com/rhel/compatibility/hardware/