Defining a "Linux Engineer"

Tom Curl tcurl at enertex.com
Mon Oct 1 11:12:54 UTC 2012

IMHO Navneet Sharma is right on. A person is what they make of
themselves, not what they pay someone else to say they are.

How one becomes educated, and how well they become educated, in their
chosen field(s) is up to themselves, not a paid third party.

That's why some are recognized as being experts, and others, not so
much, even though the not so muchers may have all sorts of flowery
credentials they can use to impress and in many cases mislead.

When we hire an "engineer" we always rigorously evaluate the individual
to determine for ourselves they are what they claim to be, regardless of
their CV.

Tom Curl
ENERTEX