[rhn] Wrong channel after an upgrade

Nicoas C. rh at nryc.fr
Wed Oct 17 17:39:02 UTC 2012

Le 17/10/2012 18:33, Mike Burger a écrit :
> I may be wrong, but I believe that you'll need to go into the customer
> portal and change/remove the current entitlement.

Hello,

In the end the solution was to :

  - manually remove old "release" packages

  - delete "/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid"

  - Register the server on RHN

After after that :

  - Lots of packages conflicts

  - SSL/TLS clients brokens (yum needs to fetch updates over http
instead of https and LDAPS or LDAP+STARTTLS clients aren't working).

That was on a test server.

According to the reseller of the product we wanted to upgrade, this
method was supposed to be working, it's clearly not the case, I strongly
discourage anyone to proceed with an upgrade from 5.x to 6.x.

Regards,

Nicolas