Defining a "Linux Engineer"

Matty Sarro msarro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:27:11 UTC 2012

You realize that a lot of us "network" and "computer" folk have put in just
as much time and effort as a practicing engineer to learn our craft, right?
And your dismissive tone makes it pretty clear you've never worked on large
systems - things supporting 30 - 40 million customers (the things I build).
Sorry that doesn't make me cool enough to be part of your elite club. I'll
worry about getting certified when I'm not actually engineering things.

No, I'm not a licensed engineer. But I have corrected IETF and IEEE EE's
with phds and patents who have several published rfc's between when it
comes to system engineering. I have every right to my title.