Defining a "Linux Engineer"

Tom Curl tcurl at enertex.com
Sat Sep 29 23:52:59 UTC 2012

When I was a little kid the only kind of engineers I knew of operated
the throttles and brakes on trains.

My uncle owned a company which repaired the electric motor on tugboats
and drawbridges. At some point I learned he was an electrical engineer.

Later I went to school to become a mechanical engineer and ended up
working for a computer company working on digital electronic circuits.
This was before microprocessors were invented.

So . . . What's an engineer? I'll be interested to find out.

Tom