Server Probing

AMD Paulius_J Jazauskas amdpaulius at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 06:14:20 UTC 2013

Well, only looking on what's inside a server is not so bad, but most of the
time a "brute force" comes after a "look".

If I understand correct, *apnic* is like an asian network center which
gives IPs for a very wide region. I agree, blocking China would definitely
reduce the "door rattling" by more than 50% (but it would probably take all
day to type all ranges), once I tracked many attacker IPs and most of them
were from asia, but I found out that they may take over some European
servers too, and then use them for scanning, brute forcing.

Actually sometimes I get angry at all those spammers, scammers, phishers.
Who do they think they are, acting without any morality.