busy problems with cups 1.4.2

I have just configured cups 1.4.2 on a RedHat 6.3 system.

I can't get cups to share the printers configured on my RedHat system with
Macs and Windows.

Network host '10.2.85.93' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds...   from the
Mac.

The printers.conf file looks just like the printers.conf file on my RedHat
5.9 system except that every entry has a "Type 4" line inserted.

I use lpd://10.2.xx.xx  as the DeviceURL for all my printers.
I have Selinux disabled and for my initial tests I have iptables turned off.

How do I get the new RH system to share its printers?