Satellite API calls

Jens Skott jens.skott at schibsted.se
Fri Feb 15 21:12:34 UTC 2013

Heyas. Im currently working on a deploymentflow using RHEL6 with
satellite as repo to deploy new machines.
Since we build alot of inhouse applications for our systems we package
using RPM and send them to a channel in the satellite.
I have worked out a scrip that syncs the whole channel and/or child
channels, but since our application channel consists of more then just
one application I can´t automate it.
If I clone our test channel (with all the packages in it), some
untested packages might be synced to our staging channel.
Since i havnt found a way to call the satellite using API to just move
one package i have to do it manually and it takes alot of time from my
daily work.
Have anyone had any experience with this type of problem before? Or
should i just create more channels? We have around 50 different
systems (one channel for each then) with about 5-10 packages for each
system.

Jens Skott
Tel: +46-8-5142 4396
Schibsted Centralen IT