Attempts to add cuda software

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Jan 7 20:29:13 UTC 2013

Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
> I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.3 (Santiago).
> I have a GeForce GT 620M card installed and have the
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-304.64 driver installed.
>
> sh cuda_5.0.35_linux_64_rhel6.x-1.run  fails.
>
> I do not ask for the Nvidia driver to be installed.  I do ask for the
> toolkit and samples.  The results
<snip>
Small problem:
"CUDA stands for the "Compute Unified Device Architecture", which is a
free software platform provided by NVIDIA. It enables users to control
GPUs by writing programs akin to C++. All CUDA softwares can be downloaded
from CUDA Zone. We used CUDA version 2.0."

from <http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~swright/GPUreconstruction/cuda_install.html>

      mark