Server Probing

Tom Burke tomburkeii at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:03:23 UTC 2013

Unless you have permission, that's exactly what it is.  Why else would you
be rattling their firewall, except to probe their vulnerabilities?

And if you're probing their vulnerabilities without permission, then why
are you doing it?

IIRC, there is, in fact, legal precedence on this, too.

On a related note, I used to drop *.apnic.* into my filters, and that got
rid of over 80% of the door rattling.

Of course, it pretty much blocked everyone in China, Japan, New Zealand,
Australia, and so on..