View Stale NFS File Handle

Jamie Fargen jfargen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 14:48:13 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Yixin Luo <luoyixin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Jamie Fargen <jfargen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to view which path and file causing stale nfs file handle
> on
> > an NFS Client?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jamie Ian Fargen
> > --
> >

> The following discussion may give you some hints about nfs file handle:
>
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/nfs-stale-file-handle-error-and-solution.html
>
> Yixin

The link gave some tips as to how to handle nfs stale file handles. I'd
like to see which files are actually causing the issue. I know files were
mounted as loopback devices.
I've tried using losetup -a and all that is returned is loop: can't get
info on device /dev/loop0: Stale file handle.

Similar useful information is provided by ps and lsof.

The one key bit of information I have is the pid used to attach the
loopback device.

Is there any way I could use the pid to determine which file caused the
issue?

Regards,
Jamie Ian Fargen