protect a pkg from updates

psavoie1783 psavoie1783 at rogers.com
Tue Jun 4 03:46:41 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I have enabled the rpmforge repo to get the flash-plugin because this
seems to do what I want instead of the flash-plug that is in the
supplemental repo.  When the rpmforge pkg is install yum wants to update
it using the redhat repo.  The version does not work as the sites I go
to says it is too old.  Yet the pkg from rpmforge works well.

How do I get yum to *not* want to upgrade this from the RH repo?  I
checked the yum and yum.conf man pages but I did not see exactly what I
want to do there as an option.

Thanks in advance,

Phil