RHE 5.1.9.6 reboots when starting a browser

eee at nmt.edu eee at nmt.edu
Wed Mar 6 22:20:54 UTC 2013

I'm not sure which log files I should be looking in and what to look for
-- a few pointers would help there.

I did discover that Konqueror does still work.  I selected it from the
Applications -> Internet menu.

The reason I'm using RHE 5.1.9.6 is because this is a production system
and I haven't wanted to to rebuild and risk potentially losing some days
if things don't go smoothly. You're probably familiar with the old adage
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it".