Re: RHE 5.1.9.6 reboots when starting a browser

On 03/06/13 03:42, Mertens, Bram wrote:
bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of eee nmt edu

I just installed the latest updates for RHE 5.1.9.6.  The updates
required a reboot.  After rebooting, I can no longer run a browser.
I have two installed, Firefox and htmlview, they both trigger a
reboot.  I can ping an external site such as google.com.

Any suggestions?

Any log messages?

Do you start them from the command line?

You could try to start firefox with a blank profile without plugins
and such.

First: does X come up? If not, maybe you need to do something about your video driver (i.e. rebuild if NVidia).

Second: RHEL 5.1.9.6? Why are you running something that old?

	mark