Binary compatibility of RHEL5.5 and RHEL 6.2

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Mon Mar 25 13:02:47 UTC 2013

Short answer is maybe. You need to find out what libraries your binary
links against and see if there are compatibility changes.

If you don't have a redhat 6.x license you could spin up a version of
CentOS (or of the other free versions based off of redhat) and compile
it there.

There's binary compatibility between RHAS and CentOS at the same version
levels.

Cheers,
Harry