CPU 100 % in BMC Patrol

Ganesh Hariharan ghariharan at gmail.com
Thu May 9 10:17:06 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I have Redhat Server running as Guest on VMWare box.

The Guest OS has 7 CPUs (Intel Machine) running with Weblogic managed
servers (6 Jvms)

Please make me understand what is the impact of this top command screenprint

User occupancy is 62% and sys occupancy is 37%, and please note the IRIX
mode is off for the screenshot attached.

The monitoring tool shows 100% cpu usage, and java processes are idle and
not processing anything for the application at this point in time.

The /var/log/message file is clean and I do not see anything about cpu
or NO panic messages whatsoever.

Please let me know if it is really a worrying thing, or is that something
needs to be done.?

Thanks,

GHH