system V

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu May 9 14:59:20 UTC 2013

I've got a user running Fedora 17, and a problem has turned up: first,
autofs is apparently being started *before* nfs-lock (and why the *hell*
did the name change from nfslock?), and so home directories aren't being
automounted. Looking in
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/autofs.service, I see
After=network.target ypbind.service
which is nothing I want.

So, what do I do - edit that file to change ypbind.service to
nfs-lock.service?

Second issue: we're a US gov't agency (non-defense). We have to use
PIV/smart cards. The daemon we need running is pcscd... but  systemctl
list-unit-files --type=service | grep pcsc tells me it's static. According
to a thread I've read, static means it'll run if it's a dependency, but it
doesn't know where to put the link to have it start on its own. What is
the correct way to make this sucker start automatically.

<rant>
And the cheat sheet at
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SysVinit_to_Systemd_Cheatsheet>... I just
*adore* how much more complicated systemv is, and how much more typing I
need to do just to get the same functionality.... Yeah, right, I should
write aliases or scripts to run as I used to....
</rant>

      mark