formatting a 12.73 Tb disk on ROCKS 5.2

Doll, Margaret Ann margaret_doll at brown.edu
Thu May 9 18:31:53 UTC 2013

Mark,

The parted commands don't work.

[root at nas-0-0 ~]# parted /dev/sda -a optimal
parted: invalid option -- a
Usage: parted [OPTION]... [DEVICE [COMMAND [PARAMETERS]...]...]
Apply COMMANDs with PARAMETERS to DEVICE.  If no COMMAND(s) are given, run
in
interactive mode.

[root at nas-0-0 ~]# parted /dev/sda
GNU Parted 1.8.1
Using /dev/sda
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
(parted) mklabel gpt
Warning: The existing disk label on /dev/sda will be destroyed and all data
on this disk will be lost. Do you want to
continue?
parted: invalid token: gpt
Yes/No? yes
New disk label type?  [gpt]?