Re: formatting a 12.73 Tb disk on ROCKS 5.2

The answer came from my vendor at Atipa.

You will need to change the partitioning scheme to use GPT in order to
enable greater than 2TB support.

# parted -s /dev/sda mklabel gpt

# parted –s /dev/sda rm 1

# parted –s /dev/sda “mkpart primary xfs 1 -1”

At this point, you should be able to continue as you were trying to do
before.

# mkfs.xfs /dev/sda1