formatting a 12.73 Tb disk on ROCKS 5.2

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu May 9 20:11:08 UTC 2013

Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
> This nas is on a ROCKS cluster and I make as few changes as possible as
> active research and classes keep it in constant use.

I understand that, but there have been a large number of security flaws
and serious bugs that have been fixed in the what, several years since
5.6.

I've got the same issue, with researchers that have jobs that run days,
sometimes weeks, and production servers that *have* to be up. What I did
was get them to buy into a "maintenance window", where I do the updates
(while it, and they, are running) then get the time it takes to reboot the
system.

       mark