[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

RE: P.S. - RE: [redhat-list] updates pending question



-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of m roth 5-cent us
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:04 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RE: P.S. - RE: [redhat-list] updates pending question

Constance   Morris wrote:
Btw, please stop top posting.

> [mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of m roth 5-cent us
> Constance   Morris wrote:
>> [mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Constance Morris
>>
>> Anyone understand the red hat customer portal for registered servers?
>>
>> My red hat customer portal shows that there are several events 
>> (errata
>> updates) that failed for my registered server. I have rescheduled 
>> them by clicking the 'reschedule' button for each one. Now, they are 
>> showing in the 'pending' section of the 'events' tab for my 
>> registered server.
>>
>> I have unlocked the server and selected them, so that it now says the 
>> following at the top of the screen:
>> "Pending Events
>> The following events have been scheduled for this system.
>> This system is currently unlocked. All scheduled actions will be 
>> executed as expected. To stop system-changing events, you may
>> lock<https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/systems/details/Overview.do?sid=10264
>> 5
>> 2907>
>> this system.
>> You may cancel events for this system by selecting them and hitting 
>> the Cancel Events button at the bottom of the page."
>> However, it has been an hour and doesn't appear to have done anything 
>> that I can see; because, if I refresh the page it still shows the 
>> same number of items selected. How do I know when it is completed as 
>> there is no button for me to click to actually start the process?
>> Thanks!

>> P.S. If I click on one of the updates it says:
>>
>> "This action will be executed after 2013-04-29 09:40:58 PDT.
>> This action's status is: queued.
>> This action has not yet been picked up."
>>
>> Is there something I have to do to ensure it gets picked up?
>>
> Heh. I see... I assume it will be done in a couple of minutes from 
> now, since you say it said 09:40 PDT, and it's now 13:39 EDT, which 
> would be
> 09:39 PDT....
>
> Yeah but it was set for April 29th at that time.
>
> They still are either not done or have not run......
>
*smacks head*
Missed that.

I assume redhat-update (I think that's what it's called) is running. You could shut it down and do a yum update.

         mark
----------------
 Thanks Mark. Sorry about the top posting. I hope I am posting correctly now, but if not please let me know.
I went in and stopped the redhat update like you mentioned and then tried the yum update on the server, but it tells me there are no packages marked for update.
Here is an example of some of the events listed for me to do (there are 116):  

Errata Update: RHBA-2012:0261-1 - httpd bug fix and enhancement update scheduled by dalton_state
Errata Update: 	Errata Update: RHBA-2013:0139-1 - httpd bug fix update scheduled by dalton_state
Errata Update: RHEA-2012:1415-1 - iptables enhancement update scheduled by dalton_state
Errata Update: RHSA-2012:0699-1 - Moderate: openssl security and bug fix update scheduled by dalton_state

BTW, are you the funny and nice Mark that was responding to my earlier problem last week with having started these updates then stopped them mid-stream when some of our professors could not ssh to the webserver using Expression Web software via SFTP?

If so, I have finished the 506 updates that redhat showed were needed. But then noticed today that 116 showing failed had been placed in the Events history section on the red hat customer portal website for my registered server. Since my problem with clients still not being able to SSH via SFTP in Expression Web still exists after finishing the updates - I wanted to get these 116 done to see if that would fix the problem. But I can't seem to get them to run.

Our Network Administrator suggested that my problem with the SSH / SFTP Expression Web Websever access was due to there being different versions on the system now because of the updates. He said I needed to check the versions of both and may need to uninstall SSH, compile a version from source that will work with SFTP.

All that is greek to me. He said he manually created what had been setup for the SSH / SFTP that was running well before I did some of those updates.

I put in the command:  ssh -v          and got the version of SSH  (Open SSH_4.3p2, OpenSSH 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul 2008)
But I cannot find a way to check the sftp version to compare. 

Any suggestions - web links, you can think of to pass on to help me?

Thank you!
Constance



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]