P.S. - RE: [redhat-list] updates pending question

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri May 10 18:30:17 UTC 2013

Constance   Morris wrote:
> [...]

Ignore that. The only thing you care about are AVC's - selinux denials.
Now that all is running, you'll see them as messages in /var/log/messages,
that will tell you to run sealert, which will try to make the reasons
clearer and offer solutions. Hint: DO NOT always create a local policy;
mostly, it's setting booleans (setsebool and getsebool -a are the commands
you'll need), or fixing the role and type contexts with chcon or semanage
fcontext -a -[tr] whatever, then restoreconl semanage gives examples on
the manpage. And their regular expression is deeply different than the
usual.

Back to your original problem: seriously, you or your counterpart may need
to walk over to the user's offices and sit with them as they log onto
their workstations and get ready to publish, then interrupt, and go
through the configuration (menu, options or whatever), and see if those
are pointing correctly.

        mark