P.S. - RE: [redhat-list] updates pending question

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri May 10 20:37:44 UTC 2013

Constance   Morris wrote:
> [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of m.roth at 5-cent.us
> Alfred Hovdestad wrote:
>> On 10/05/13 12:06 PM, Constance Morris wrote:

<snip>
>> And if sshd isn't running your faculty won't be able to login.  You
>> may have to re-install the custom version of openssh to resolve this
>> issue.
>
> I really don't think it's an sshd problem, at this point. She's got other
> (many other?) users who have no trouble; it's just these three, which is
> why I'm strongly leaning towards them having Web Expression on their
> workstations misconfigured.
>
> After speaking with the webmaster there are a total of 7 people who have
> been allowed to continue accessing their sites via expression web - all
> others have to now submit modification requests to the webmaster for her
> to make the changes for them.
> Of those 7 people (jadams, cathy, lyrong, guo, Hassan, Randall, Patrick)
> at the beginning of all of this only 2 could not log in and both were
> getting a different error message (jadams and randall) and 1 additional
> person was having a problem but it was with uploading files (hassan).
> I have been able to confirm that cathy and lyrong can log in and am still
> waiting to hear back from Patrick.
> Cathy just let me know, that now instead of it prompting her for her login
> credentials - when she opens expression web it just logged her straight
> in. This is weird as I set everything back on the sshd_config file after
> following those instructions I mentioned to Alfred and receiving the error
> message. So the only other thing I have done is install the setroubleshoot
> unless I am forgetting something we have discussed for me to try.

First, a security thing: it's trivial, but you shouldn't be mentioning
actual account or people names - that's the kind of thing crackers and
other scum scrape. I would have said that userx and usery had the same
problem, and userz had a different one. When I post, I'll even genericize
the server name, or eliminate it, as I did when I gave an example of a
sealert message from a log file.

So you now have only two people that are having problems, and both of them
have the same errors?

       mark