P.S. - RE: [redhat-list] updates pending question

Constance Morris cmorris at daltonstate.edu
Sat May 11 02:26:24 UTC 2013

From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com [redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of m.roth at 5-cent.us [m.roth at 5-cent.us]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 5:32 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RE: P.S. - RE: [redhat-list] updates pending question

Constance   Morris wrote:
> [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of m.roth at 5-cent.us
> Constance   Morris wrote:
>> [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of m.roth at 5-cent.us
<MVNCH>
> So you now have only two people that are having problems, and both of them
> have the same errors?
>
> Yes, 2 with the same error login message and 1 with a different error
> login message.

Have you called those folks, and had them check their configuration? Make
sure that it's correct - and make sure you know for *sure* what it's
*supposed* to be before you call them.

'Night - have a good weekend.

      mark
------------
No I haven't as they don't know how to change any configurations, but I know that doesn't mean people won't try, so I will definitely give them a ring.
I've even tried logging in as them from my PC to see if the problem would duplicate and it does. So from my PC I can log in just fine as me and as one of the other individuals not having any problems. And I can attempt to login as the 3 having problems and see the same error messages they have been receiving.

P.S. On your response to my useradd commands.....

>>2.) useradd -m -k /var/www/userSkel -G faculty-staff,www -g sftp -s
>> /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -d /var/www/html/faculty-staff/username
>> And then the next command:   cp -ir /var/www/userSkel/*
>> /var/www/html/faculty-staff/username
>
> Constance, *do* read man useradd. That will show you that the latter, in
> your case, is probably better, since *if* /var/www/userSkel is populated
> correctly, this will set up your users' home directories with the
> necessary configuration files, like .bash_profile, .bashrc, and presumably
> the ~user/.ssh directory and contents. Note that it says clearly, in the
> man page, for the -k flag, that it does everything that the cp does, and
> better.

I checked and the userSkel does not have the .bash_profile, .bashrc and/or user/.ssh files in it. All I see is the index.html and an images folder.

You have a great night and weekend too!
Thanks,
Constance