System only boots to read-only

Doll, Margaret Ann margaret_doll at brown.edu
Fri Oct 18 13:44:08 UTC 2013

The NVIDIA*304*run that I initially ran had worked on the system prior to
the problem with the system not booting properly.   This program also
worked yesterday on the sister system with the same setup.

I did try to run startx on init 3, but I got an error about the init not
having the support for the graphics.  Something like that.