FC19 and powerdevil

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Sep 20 15:30:44 UTC 2013

After some googling, I still haven't found any documentation whatever on
something called powerdevil. I've a user that's running FC 19 - I upgraded
him from fc17 a month or so ago - and it's frequently, copiously
complaining in the logs about

<snip>/etc/gdm/Xsession[7938]: kded(8127)
PowerDevilUPowerBackend::setBrightness:
org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.setbrightness failed

and

<snip> dbus-daemon[298]: no kernel backlight interface found

This is on a bloody desktop with a normal flatscreen monitor. How do I
turn the stupid thing off, so it shuts up?

      mark