Run a script automatically when an IP is added

Yong Huang yong321 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 16:40:52 UTC 2014

Thanks Pedro. How will the action script for the new profile be triggered? Will VIP relocation trigger it?

I already tested Oracle RAC's FAN callout, i.e., a script in $GRID_HOME/racg/usrco is run on certain events. It works on instance or service up or down event. But it does NOT work on VIP relocation (crsctl relocate resource ora.thisserver.vip -n anotherserver).

Camero, thanks. I already scheduled a cron job to do exactly what you described. But it's not *triggered* on VIP relocation. So it's not ideal.