specify SMTP relay server in mutt

Sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 02:47:37 UTC 2014

mutt & mailx are MUA (Message User Agent) while
postfix (& I think sendmail) have both MTA and MUA
functions (ie they can act as SMTP servers besides
as MUA).

I guess mailx will require sendmail.cf to be edited as
well: if only we have sort of script that does something
like the telnet & the series of HELO...DATA commands,
that will be wonderful (as I think it doesn't require an
MTA (eg: sendmail & postfix) to be running.

Correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

SH