specify SMTP relay server in mutt

Harris, Don don.harris at unf.edu
Thu Jul 17 13:16:52 UTC 2014

Oops, I see now that the mailx on RHEL5 and RHEL6 and very different
beasts.

RHEL5: mailx-8.1.1-44.2.2
RHEL6: mailx-12.4-7.el6.x86_64 http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/mailx.html

The legacy mailx on RHEL5 doesn't support all those options. If it's
acceptable in your environment, you can get the newer "Heirloom" mailx
from the EPEL repository. Note that it's the "nail" package on EPEL. See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

HTH,
Don