Raid on a raid issue

Doll, Margaret Ann margaret_doll at brown.edu
Thu Jul 24 20:04:59 UTC 2014

I had to remove the four entries that were created during the installation
that were later made into a raid.

On startup, when the system tried to mount the original four entries, it
told me that the four were already in use and already mounted.

Then it didn't know what to do with the /dev/md127p1 raid, the raid that
was the combination of the four entries.

Eliminating the four entries in /etc/fstab, allowed the mounting of the
"new raid." and the boot up of the system.

I think the system was in a bad state because of the raid on raid
situation.  I just wanted confirmation.