RHEL 7, networkmangler - trying to set hostname via dhcp

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Wed Jul 23 23:32:54 UTC 2014

Hi Mark,

I think what you’re saying is that you want your system’s name to be set from the DHCP server. Is that correct?

Check if /etc/hostname  is present and has some value. If so…
cp /etc/hostname /etc/hostname-`date -I` && rm /etc/hostname

Restart networking/reboot and see if that works for you.

Cheers,
Harry