Vulnerable Openssl version remains & got activated after update

Sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:05:16 UTC 2014

Our network blocks Internet access & Security Gov team
disallows.  I don't know how to set up a yum repo which
I've been enquiring for a while: anyone care to share?

David is right that I'll need to use the specific format of the
rpm command.  I'm curious why on my server (this is my
first time in this new environment), the openssl devel is
x86_64 while the openssl is i686 : thought they're meant
for different architecture?

# rpm -q --qf "%{NAME}-%{VERSION}.%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}\n" openssl-devel
openssl-devel-0.9.8e.27.el5_10.3.x86_64

After updating it & restart the service, the *version is still a*
*vulnerable* version:   Any idea why?

# cd /opt/opsware/etc/init.d
./opswgw-cgws1-GCLOUDMAZ start
Starting opswgw:                                    [  OK  ]

# ./ fake-client-early-ccs.pl localhost 443 Got server response, size: 2953
- Handshake - Server Hello
- Handshake - Certificate
- Handshake - Server Key Exhange
- Handshake - Server Hello Done