I updated a RH server to 6.4 and can't get remote printing to work

Doll, Margaret Ann margaret_doll at brown.edu
Sun Mar 30 21:13:59 UTC 2014

I was afraid that the clients could not access the printer server.  ssh
works from the clients, but printing fails.

The jobs start sending from the cient, but then stalls.  The mac client
gets the message that the printer is in use.
The job never prints.

I have all the printers on the server set up to share.  I did notice that
the new cups does not have cups-lpd.  We are using lpd from the clients to
connect to the server.  The cold cups 1.1 had cups-lpd which ran.  cups 1.4
on the new system does not have this component.

How do I attach clients to be able to print from the server?

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Doll, Margaret Ann <margaret_doll at brown.edu