ip address

dengwh at bestcheer.com dengwh at bestcheer.com
Fri May 9 02:56:48 UTC 2014

Hi,
    you need modify the configure file of network and add ONBOOT=yes to the configure file which in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth(?).

dengwh at bestcheer.com

From: amiteshsahay
Date: 2014-05-09 04:06
To: redhat-list; redhat-list-request
Subject: Re:ip address
Hello Members,

I have new rhel 6.5 environment. The issue that I am facing could be a ridiculous, but it is. when I first did ifconfig I could just see loopback IP address, however, I executed "ifup eth0", and now I could see the IPv4. However, if I again to "service network restart" The Ip address goes away, and again loop back. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Amitesh