Installation on rhel 6.5

Jonathan Billings jsbillin at umich.edu
Wed May 14 17:12:49 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM, <amiteshsahay at aol.com> wrote:

> Hello Members,
>
> I am trying to install some software, for which I have to execute the
> below bin
>
> ./RunSilentInstall.sh
>
> However, when I do that I see below error
>
> ./RunSilentInstall.sh: ./validate.LINUX-X86: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF
> interpreter: No such file or directory
> An unexpected error occurred while validating the root username and
> password.
>
> I have cross verified the root credentials, they are fine.
> I am very sure that I need some 32-bit library, but I am not sure of
> exactly which one, can somebody help me on this?

For future reference, you already know you need /lib/ld-linux.so.2, so you
can just run:

# yum install /lib/ld-linux.so.2

And 'yum' will look up what provides that file, and install it.  You don't
need to track down the package name or anything.

But if you wanted to just check to see what package it was, you can run:

# yum whatprovides /lib/ld-linux.so.2

...and it'll tell you which package it can be found in, which in this case
is the 32-bit version of the glibc package.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu>