Build repository to upgrade OpenSSH, Apache & ISC Bind

Sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:59:27 UTC 2014

I have many VMs on RHEL 5.2 to 5.8 and a VA
scan found that the OpenSSH, Apache & ISC Bind
in them are outdated & not supported anymore.

All the VMs do not have Internet connection, so
I can't do 'yum'

I recall a few years ago, I saw somewhere in one
Redhat's support note that it's possible to build a
repository using newer version of RHEL & just
run a command against the repository to upgrade
specific software packages.

Can someone give me detailed step by step
instructions (or point me to easy-to-follow links)
on how to build this repository & the command
to upgrade OpenSSH, Apache & ISC Bind?

Should I download RHEL 5.10 or 6.x?  Concerned
about going to 6.x in case the big change in the
version may break things