Where do I get the rpm or source to build support for xfs?

Doll, Margaret Ann margaret_doll at brown.edu
Fri Oct 24 18:52:35 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 2:24 PM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
> > I have a Rhel 6.6 system.  I want to add a large terabyte array to the
> > system, so I need xfs support for it.
> >
> > I have downloaded a couple of xfsprogs rpm which are supposed to work on
> > rhel 6, but the glibc library they need is incompatible with that on the
> > system.
> >
> > I have installed all the updates available to the system.
> >
> > rpm -qa glibc
> > glibc-2.12-1.149.el6.i686
> <snip>
> Hi, Margaret,
>
>    You say you d/l an rpm - why not just yum update or yum install
> xfsprogs? We're mostly running CentOS, which is pretty much the same as
> RHEL, and it's in the base repo.
> xfsprogs.x86_64                        3.1.1-14.el6
>

>       mark

Mark,

I tried that first after I had completed all my updates.

yum install xfsprogs
Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin, security,
subscription-manager
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or RHN Satellite.
Setting up Install Process
No package xfsprogs available.
Error: Nothing to do