oracle install

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Thu Oct 16 13:46:41 UTC 2014

Hi Mark,

On 16 October 2014 12:45, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> On 10/15/14 23:59, Kinkar Bera wrote:
>
>>   Plz send me step by step  how to install oracle 10g in linux red hat 5
>>
>>  0. This is a mailing list of folks, not some guy supporting you.

Although I agree with your steps 0 & 2 completely...

> 1. You should be using RH 6 or 7, *not* 5.

Oracle 10g is only certified on 5, installing it on 6 / 7 is not supported
by Oracle (and it's bloody hard work on 6, I haven't bothered with
attempting that combination on 7 yet since I'm not mad!).

Cheers,

"What part of 'ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn' don't
you understand?"