Where do I get the rpm or source to build support for xfs?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Oct 24 22:20:30 UTC 2014

On 24Oct2014 16:49, m.roth at 5-cent.us <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
>> I found my mistake.  xfs is not available for 32 bit systems.
>> Sorry for the problem.
>
>Right, then I hit <send> before my thought catches up. Yeah, they're
>dropping most support for 32-bit. You might check the extras repo.

You might be surprised.

XFS support is an extra for RHEL6; you need to add a channel (there's a fee
IIRC).  As others have remarked, it is the default for RHEL7.

However, at least on x86_64, the kernel supports the filesystem. You only need
to obtain the xfsprogs to create a filesystem.

You can hand install the CentOS rpm if necessary. I'd pay the $s myself, but my
management is a little weird about expenses.

Disclaimer: I'm not running any 32 bit RHEL systems.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

I'm not weird; I'm gifted.