Kernel source code for RHEL 7 kernel

Richard inbound-lists-redhat at listmail.innovate.net
Sun Jul 26 02:50:21 UTC 2015

> Date: Sunday, July 26, 2015 02:25:38 AM +0530
> From: Dhiraj Bhor <dhirajbhor21 at gmail.com>
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this mailing list but i have very simple  question as
> well. I went to download srpm from url:
> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/7Server/en/os/
> but there is nothing but a README file which says
>
> Current sources for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 have been moved to
> the following location: https://git.centos.org/project/rpms
>
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux customers can obtain the RHEL 7 SRPMS in
> the Red Hat Customer Portal:
> https://access.redhat.com/site/downloads/.  You can download them
> using a web browser or using yum-utils on a rhel7 system.
>
>  Does that mean this location (here onwards) will never contain
> any packages.
>
> If i have no subscription and i still want to download the source,
> what should i do? (Dont suggest CentOS repository path)
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> dhiraj

Based on:

  <http://community.redhat.com/centos-faq/>

  Going forward, the source code repository at git.centos.org will
  replace and obsolete the Red Hat Enterprise Linux source rpms on
  ftp.redhat.com.

  [from January 2015]

git.centos.org is, starting with RHEL-7, now the official location
for RHEL source (for non-subscribers at least). You will find source
rpms for 7 on:

   <http://vault.centos.org>

but I assume that these are centos, not RH (tm), versions.