sed regular expression help

I am still getting into regular expressions so I am still somewhat fresh, but I am stuck on a particular expression.  I use the regexr.com site, which is extremely helpful to test, and I have bounced off other forums but everything I try I can't get this expression to work.  For any seasoned people out there, this will probably be quick and dirty.

I want to filter out the following characters underline: BEFORE.....: `date --date=2015-01-10 '+%D'`

The expression I have built is sed -e "/\'\W%D\'\`/g".  I get no errors  or anything, but my output still has the characters in underline.  I have tried sed -e "/[']\W%D['][`]/g", still the same thing.  No errors but the characters are still there.  Like I said, I tested this on regexr.com, and either works no problem.  Any ideas out there?

Thanks
Brent