sed regular expression help

Davis, Brent Brent.Davis at sscgp.com
Fri May 22 14:56:44 UTC 2015

Yea sorry about that.  My co-worker mentioned that the underlined wouldn't come through.

The '+%D'` is what I had underlined.

I thought I had tried the regex before and it didn't work.  I just tried it again, and same thing.

sed -e "s/\'\W%D\'\`//g;/skipping/d"

BEFORE.....: `date --date=2015-01-10 '+%D'`
AFTER......: `date --date=2015-01-01 '+%D'`