[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: redhat-list Digest, Vol 144, Issue 1



Hi Jonathan,

I am using the following version of rpm:

rpm-5.4.14-r0.0.corei7_64

Regards,
Sai Krishna

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 9:31 PM <redhat-list-request redhat com> wrote:

> Send redhat-list mailing list submissions to
>         redhat-list redhat com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         redhat-list-request redhat com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         redhat-list-owner redhat com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of redhat-list digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Purpose of /var/lib/rpm/log/log.XXXX file (S Sai Krishna Prasad)
>    2. Re: Purpose of /var/lib/rpm/log/log.XXXX file (Jonathan Billings)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 15:17:03 +0000
> From: S Sai Krishna Prasad <saikripd gmail com>
> To: redhat-list redhat com
> Subject: Purpose of /var/lib/rpm/log/log.XXXX file
> Message-ID:
>         <CA+CUJ_jkmizEjJ5p3aDd8nZ8W71cs4c7DLDg=
> nPpwo93d8TORw mail gmail com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to know what is the use of log.XXXX file that is present in
> the directory /var/lib/rpm/log/. I saw that when I rebuild the rpm database
> using the command "rpm --rebuilddb" a new file is created and the older one
> is removed but the size of the file remains the same. I would like to know
> why it is present, what it stores and is there any way we can reduce the
> size of the file to like 1MB. Currently the size of the file is exactly
> 10MB.
>
> Regards and Thanks in Advance,
> Sai Krishna
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 11:27:53 -0400
> From: Jonathan Billings <jsbillin umich edu>
> To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list redhat com>
> Subject: Re: Purpose of /var/lib/rpm/log/log.XXXX file
> Message-ID:
>         <CACxoJuWG-XU8+ZUkZn6rT7tCL3tFmW_PF9nOP=
> r6bGhpEMV+mA mail gmail com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> What version of 'rpm' are you using?  What's the output of 'rpm -q rpm'?
>
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 11:17 AM, S Sai Krishna Prasad <saikripd gmail com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I would like to know what is the use of log.XXXX file that is present in
> > the directory /var/lib/rpm/log/. I saw that when I rebuild the rpm
> database
> > using the command "rpm --rebuilddb" a new file is created and the older
> one
> > is removed but the size of the file remains the same. I would like to
> know
> > why it is present, what it stores and is there any way we can reduce the
> > size of the file to like 1MB. Currently the size of the file is exactly
> > 10MB.
> >
> > Regards and Thanks in Advance,
> > Sai Krishna
> > --
> > redhat-list mailing list
> > unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request redhat com?subject=unsubscribe
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Jonathan Billings <jsbillin umich edu>
> College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> __
> redhat-list mailing list
> Unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request redhat com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>
> End of redhat-list Digest, Vol 144, Issue 1
> *******************************************
>


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]