Installing condor on RHEL7

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 18:20:25 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu>
>> wrote:
>> > Check out 'yum history' to see the transaction.
>>
>> That doesn't seem to say what was installed, but clearly it does not show
>> that I installed anything yesterday.

> Sorry, I expected you to follow through and examine one of those
> transactions to see the contents.  Read the man page for yum to learn how
> to use 'yum history' to examine the transactions.

Yeah, I should have done that. I am not a sysadmin (nor do I play one
on TV). I am a developer who is being pushed into a role I do not
want.

>> > You could try a 'yum reinstall condor' to force it to install.
>>
>> $ sudo yum reinstall condor
>> > Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos,
>> > subscription-manager
>> > No Match for argument: condor
>> > Package(s) condor available, but not installed.
>> > Error: Nothing to do
>>

> Are you sure you aren't excluding condor in your yum config?  Try "grep -r
> exclude /etc/yum*".  There's also a condor package in EPEL, perhaps you've
> set up an exclude line so you get the htcondor repo's instead?

But I figured this out. One package was getting 'Package
c-ares-1.10.0-3.el7.x86_64.rpm is not signed' and that was preventing
the install. I did the install with '--nogpgcheck' and it worked.

Thanks all for the help.