Installing condor on RHEL7

Jonathan Billings jsbillin at umich.edu
Tue Aug 8 16:21:53 UTC 2017

I downloaded the latest condor-all package and took a look at it.

If you installed condor-all, it should have installed several dependencies
(since it is really a meta-package that contains no files but only requires
other packages), one of which is the condor package.  It should contain the
/etc/condor/ directory, as well as condor configuration files.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am new to condor. Installed on RHEL 7 following this:
>
> http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor//manual/v8.6/3_
> 2Installation_Start.html#SECTION00422200000000000000
>
> That references this: http://htcondor.org/yum/repo.
> d/condor-stable-rhel7.repo
>
> But that did not exist. I used this instead:
>
> http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor//yum/repo.d/htcondor-
> stable-rhel7.repo
>
> Install seemed to go fine. According to the docs "The configuration
> files are in the directory /etc/condor/" But I have no /etc/condor
> dir. Do I need to do something after the install?
>
> I did post to the condor list, but I did not get any replies.

Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support