[redhat-lspp] rawhide "version"

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 16:01:13 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 11:46, Russell Coker wrote:
> Getting a rawhide mirror or something running will take more time/effort
> than it will save IMHO.

It was of great use during the CAPP work. However, the need to create the repo
in the first place was cause by 2 problems. 1) we needed quick turn around on
modified packages, 2) there is no rawhide for RHEL.

During this development cycle, problem 2 goes away. We are only needing to do
quick turn around on critical packages. If people will mail all patches to
this mail list, we (Red Hat) can pick up the patches and drop them into
rawhide in reasonably quick time.

I think we should try to use rawhide as much as possible and if there's
something that needs to be done quicker, I suppose we can work that out when
we get there.

-Steve